Who is the Hollymead PTO? YOU ARE!
EVERY Hollymead parent, as well as all teachers and staff, are members of our Parent-Teacher Organization. There are no dues or obligations associated with being a member. All positions and roles are held by volunteers.
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year at Hollymead! We look forward to meeting you and hope that you will support Hollymead this year through our fundraisers, activities, and events. We will be utilizing our website, Facebook, and sending a weekly newsletter via the Buzz to inform you of all of the PTO Hornet Happenings!
2019-2020 PTO Board
Co-President: Shannon DeSalvo & Sonja Carrick
Co-Vice President: Open & Open
Co-Treasurer: Elizabeth Rankin & Dave Henley
Co-Communications Chair: Crystal Pariseau & Jonelle Kinback
Co-Volunteer Chair: Amy Cochran & Kate DeLuca
Co-Secretary: Katherine Dalton & Open
We have a few open board positions (both Co-Vice Presidents and a Co-Secretary). Please contact Sonja or Shannon (email@example.com) if you are interested in learning more about these positions.
Did you Know?
The Hollymead PTO gives $150.00 to EACH teacher to directly support their classroom every year? This is money that teachers can use to buy educational tools specifically for their individual classrooms to support their students.
For the 2019-2020 school year that is a total of $5,250.00!
If you can, please help us reach our goal of $5,250.00 to support our teachers and students.
- Register for Amazon Smile to support the Hollymead Parent Teacher Organization.We made $200.03 last year. If anyone has money to donate to our school, it’s Amazon! Please do not forget to link your account! Let’s try to beat this record for the 2019-2020 year.
- Shop at Shutterfly and Tinyprints to help us earn 13% of all sales!Last year we made $133.53 through the Shutterfly program. Let’s try to beat this record!
- Update your grocery cards to benefit Hollymead Elementary (this must be updated every year).Harris Teeter / Hollymead ID #5899 – Unfortunately, Kroger and Giant are no longer participating in this program 😦
- BOX TOPS!! Please send them in! This is a wonderful program that really adds up.
- Hollymead PTO is a registered 501 c (3) and ALL donations are tax deductible! Cash or checks can be made payable to the Hollymead PTO. Feel free to send in via your child’s school folder or through the school office.
Thank you for your help as we support such a great school and teachers! As always, feel free to contact the Hollymead PTO with any questions, comments, or feedback. We are here to help.
Book Fair Co-Chair Needed
Every October the Hollymead community looks forward to a week long Book Fair event. We are looking for volunteers who can help chair this event. If you are interested in learning more about how you can help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If we cannot find someone to help co-chair the Book Fair the event will have to be moved to a new date and scaled back significantly. The Book Fair raises approximately $6,000 in books for the school every year and students look forward to this great event every year, so lets keep the tradition going!
Please fill out the Volunteer form! Even if you filled it out last year you need to do it again as the list is not kept year to year.
School Directory Sign-Up Form
The directory will be distributed to all Hollymead families. To be included, you must submit your information by Sept. 13.
After-School French Cooking Club
The Hollymead PTO and the Alliance Française of Charlottesville will offer a single-focus program of French cooking for grades 1-5! We will be exploring the language as we learn ingredients, French shopping skills, recipes, and the art of French cooking! Each student will receive a recipe book and get hands-on experience with items such as croque monsieur, ratatouille, salade au chèvre, crêpes, and more! We will do 5 classes of actual cooking and 5 classes of learning everything we need to prepare for the cooking day (food vocab, measurements, how to read the recipes, shopping, etc).
FRENCH CLASS DATES: Mondays from 2:40-3:40
9/16, 9/23, (no school 9/30), 10/7, 10/14, 10/21, 10/28, (no school 11/4), 11/11, 11/18, 11/25, 12/2
More information and registration form will be sent out next week.