The last time we wrote we were prepping for Halloween, and now, in what seems like a blink of an eye, we’re getting ready to celebrate Thanksgiving. We have a lot to be thankful for this year already, and in the spirit of the holiday, we’d like to take the time to give a few shout-outs this month. So, without further ado, thank you to:
- Our Hospitality Chairs, Alison Agarwall and Shannon Hall, who have been keeping our teachers and staff stocked with snacks.
- Our Attractions Book volunteer, Kate DeLuca, for running our successful recent fundraiser, netting nearly $2,000.
- Our Dining Night Out volunteers, Kristen Jones and Nicole Felini, who schedule the delicious meal nights that bring extra business to our locally owned restaurants while raising funds for Hollymead.
- Our SpiritWear volunteers, Tiffany Lynch and Jonelle Kinback for getting a storefront set up in time for orders to ship before the holidays.
- Our copies volunteer, Briana Reid, who copies the flyers that are sent home with students to remind families and caregivers about important upcoming events
- All of our Hollymead teachers and staff who do an amazing job of keeping our kids safe and healthy during this school year
- Our community for always being so generous in support of our Hollymead Hornets!
As we head into the last month of the year, please keep the Hollymead PTO in mind for charitable donations. The PTO supports several initiatives designed to ensure that all of our Hollymead kids have the very best educational experience. Most recently we were asked to fund two teacher grants (one for a book series for 3rd Grade and 5th Grade “Genius Hour” supplies) thanks to our community’s generosity. In the second half of the year, we hope to sponsor a few larger projects to help improve our school, as well as (hopefully!) a spring Fun Fair. Remember that you can donate to Hollymead’s PTO either with a check or through the PayPal link on our website.
Thank you all again for being such an awesome community. We wish all of our staff and families a happy Thanksgiving!
Meagan Gregory and Crystal Pariseau